Head of Data Strategy and Sourcing
BlueMountain Capital Management
2:45 PM Panel discussion: Effectively navigating the potential legal and regulatory risk associated with alt data sets
- Consumer views are changing: as the availability of data increases exponentially, people are becoming more aware of data privacy issues, and regulation is likely to follow suit. What are the ethics of good data practice and who is responsible for ensuring these are followed as data hungry algorithms process larger and larger quantities from more and more diverse sources?
- Best data practices: where does the responsibility for the data you are using lie?
- Is it with the vendor, the purchaser, the data scientist or the trader?
- Evaluating the insider risk: has your purchased data set offered jigsaw pieces or the whole picture?
- The impact of material non-public information
- GDPR and regulatory risk: Has your data been anonymised? Does it meet data privacy requirements?