Head of Data Sourcing and Strategy
Conference Day One: March 19 2019
Sunday, May 19th, 2019
1:35 PM Panel discussion: Understanding and navigating the ‘Wild Wild West’ of alt data vendors and suppliers
- Usefulness of data – evaluating the landscape and the trends
- Filtering and working with vendors:
- Excessive demand for newer/more interesting data sources places the onus of data prep firmly on the purchaser whilst low quality/inconsistent data gives a low conversion rate to prospective sources. How can you work with your supplier to provide the product you need?
- Evaluating the pros and cons of searching for the foundations of specific trade ideas vs ‘playing’ with new and interesting concepts
- Best data sourcing practices
Conference Day Two: March 20 2019
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
- Significant work is required before a data set is fit for purpose, with months of analysis, tidying, infrastructure set up, fitting into algorithms and strategies without overfitting. What are the biggest stumbling blocks and how can they be avoided?
- Internal comms between engineers and data scientists
- Building internally vs vendor selection
- Using ML in data processing and cleanup