Conference Day One: March 19 2019
Sunday, May 19th, 2019
1:35 PM Panel discussion: Understanding and navigating the ‘Wild Wild West’ of alt data vendors and suppliers
- Usefulness of data – evaluating the landscape and the trends
- Filtering and working with vendors:
- Excessive demand for newer/more interesting data sources places the onus of data prep firmly on the purchaser whilst low quality/inconsistent data gives a low conversion rate to prospective sources. How can you work with your supplier to provide the product you need?
- Evaluating the pros and cons of searching for the foundations of specific trade ideas vs ‘playing’ with new and interesting concepts
- Best data sourcing practices