Yevgeniy Vahlis is the Head of BMO AI – Bank of Montreal’s Artificial Intelligence Capabilities group. Prior to joining BMO, Yevgeniy built machine learning research groups at Borealis AI and Georgian Partners and worked closely with startups to introduce applied research into their products. Yevgeniy kicked off his career at AT&T Labs in New York as a research scientist after completing his PhD in Computer Science at the University of Toronto and a year of postdoctoral studies at Columbia University.
· Improving models to decrease the chances of false predictions
· Automation technology being utilised as part of crisis solution
· Opportunities opening up for investment strategies post-Covid
· Identifying when to use in-house AI services vs outsourced options
· Determining how to get better insights, reduce costs and improve security and transparency
· On-boarding and warehousing of data from alt data providers